Las update November 2021
Cybersecurity is a profession with a future, according to the Cybersecurity Workforce Study, 2020 prepared by (ISC)2 -International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium-, currently in Europe there is a shortage of 168,000 specialists, a figure that amounts to 3.1 million experts Worldwide.
With these future prospects, more and more people are considering cybersecurity as a professional career and looking for training resources to specialise in the subject. In response to this demand, INCIBE has created two catalogues that gather the available academic cybersecurity offering in Spain:
- The Catalogue of Cybersecurity Regulated Training in Spain (former Catalogue of cybersecurity masters programmes) compiles the regulated training programs offered in Spain, from Vocational Training to University Master's Degrees. It currently has a total of 84 Master's Degree programs, 3 university specializations, 4 Bachelor's Degrees and 30 Vocational Training specializations in cybersecurity.
- The Catalogue of institutions that offer cybersecurity training in Spain joins 168 centres where one can study cybersecurity. This training can be regulated or not regulated.
The catalogues are periodically updated and we work to include all existing training programmes that meet the requirements. However, some changes or new training programmes may not be appear in the current version. Any request for correction, inclusion, deletion or update of contents can be transferred to
Other resources of interest::
- CyberHEAD - Cybersecurity Higher Education Database-, is an interactive map developed by ENISA -European Union Agency for Cybersecurity- that shows the higher education training -careers, masters and postgraduates- in cybersecurity provided in EU and EFTA countries.
- Cybersecurity MSc Education Survey Map is another interactive map, this time produced by the CyberSec4Europe consortium, showing cybersecurity masters and careers in Europe.
- Certificates of professionalism of the SEPE -State Public Employment Service os Spain, Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal- of the IT and communications branch. The certificates of professionalism are valid at European level and officially accredit the set of professional skills that are necessary to perform a work activity.