Since 2012, October has been European Cybersecurity Month (#CyberSecMonth) organised by the European Union Agency for Cybersecurity (ENISA). INCIBE, as a cybersecurity reference institution for citizens and companies, joins this celebration through various activities and publishing content for their target audiences. INCIBE will continue this until years end, not just in the month of October.
Events and initiatives
The thirteenth edition of the International Meeting on Information Security #13ENISE, will take place in León on 22 and 23 October, under the motto “Cybersecurity in the connected industry: from threat to opportunity”. Some of this event’s goals are to showcase the latest trends and innovations in the sector, and to create business and internationalisation opportunities for the Spanish industry.
A major cybersecurity event for all audiences, organised every year in a Spanish city. #CyberCamp19 will be held on 27-30 November in Valencia. Its main goal is to promote cybersecurity culture in society, to provide career guidance to young people, to awaken and promote talent in this field and to raise awareness for families on the importance of a safe and responsible use of the Internet and ITCs.
- CyberCamp Call for Papers: Until 9 October, those interested in participating in the #CyberCamp19 programme may present their proposals that shall be for either a keynote address, technical workshop, technical workshop for beginners, motivational or talent promotion talk, or awareness-raising talk.
- CyberOlympics: This year the fifth edition of the CyberOlympics for schools will be held. Teams may register until 14 October and the championship will take place in two phases: the online phase will be held 21-31 October and the in-person final will be held on 29 November at #CyberCamp19, in Valencia.
- Hackathon: Until 24 October, interested participants can register for the sixth edition of #CyberCamp19, Hackathon, an individual or team competition focused on the development and/or improvement of security tools, solutions and/or open source applications in the field of cybersecurity. The competition will take place on 27-30 November during CyberCamp, in Valencia.
The Spanish team’s participation in the European Cybersecurity Challenge 2019 #ECSC2019, international cybersecurity competition in Bucharest, Romania. INCIBE is responsible for selecting and training the team that will represent Spain in this competition every year.
All over Spain during these weeks, various talks will take place within the "Programa Cibercooperantes". The goal is to promote the engagement of private individuals interested in the popularising cybersecurity through sensitivity talks, with centres that require this type of training. It is intended for children, young people, parents and educators.
Publication of content
Throughout October, INCIBE will share different content with the goal of promoting safe and responsible Internet use by citizens, children and companies through its various portals intended for target audiences.
- “Learning to identify online fraud” guide.
- New monthly content campaign titled “The second life of our devices”.
- Publication of the post “Good habits as a starting point for European Cybersecurity Month”, about cyber hygiene in the workplace.
- Publication of the post “Emerging technologies in European Cybersecurity Month”, focused on security in IoT.
- Publication of the “WhatsApp Groups” section, within the “Cybersecurity in backpacks” campaign.
- Publication of the “We use Tablets in my class” section, within the “Cybersecurity in backpacks” campaign.
- Publication of the new “My digital world” campaign with the “Children and social media” section.
- CyberTasks for Kids: it involves an initiative made up of six cybersecurity sensitivity, awareness-raising and training activities to be carried out in schools. Its goal is to promote and raise awareness on the safe and responsible use of ITC for children, helping them to understand what are the main risks and empowering them to be able to detect risky situations, to use strategies for action when faced with them and to develop prevention practices in order to safely enjoy technology.