#CyberSBC2021 - The schedule is in CEST-Spain format.
12 de julio
- 16:00 - Opening
- Carme Artigas. Secretary of State for Digitization and Artificial Intelligence.
- Alison August Treppel. Executive Secretary of the Inter-American Committee against Terrorism (CICTE) of the Organization of American States.
- 16:15 - Keynote. Cybersecurity regulatory framework in Europe
- Florian Pennings. MICROSOFT, EU Government Affairs Director – Cybersecurity.
- Technology has changed the nature of what it takes to defend a nation and its interests. A comprehensive and multistakeholder approach through renewed strategies, legislation, global cooperation, and shared values is needed to improve the security posture of organizations across the European ecosystem and further strengthen the EU’s role as a leader on cybersecurity. Transparency and partnership are foundational to this effort, cybersecurity resilience is dependent on factors that go beyond industries, sectors, and countries. The recent SolarWinds cyberattack on the tech sector’s supply chain was yet another reminder. Today, too many cyberattack victims keep information to themselves. We will not solve this problem through silence. We need more open sharing of information and analysis. It is imperative that we encourage and sometimes even require improved transparency, including by digital infrastructure providers. EU cybersecurity policy consists of multiple layers intended to ensure stronger cybersecurity for EU citizens and industry. The current European Commission has put forward multiple proposals to ensure up-to-date and robust cybersecurity policy in the EU. This session will provide an update of the relevant policy files and its opportunities for public private cooperation.
- 16:45 - Discussion panel. Regulatory and legal frameworks in LATAM.
- Isaac Morales. General Coordinator of Multidimensional Security in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mexico.
- Katherina Canales. CSIRT Operational Director in the Government of Chile.
- Roberto Lamaitre. Coordinator CSIRT-CR.
- Aura Cifuentes. Director of Digital Government of MINTIC
- Moderator: Cesar Moliné. Coordinator Coordinator of GFCE working groups.
- 17:30 - Supply chain attack - Solarwinds
- Mr. Jay Gazlay, Branch Chief of Vulnerability Disclosure, The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA).
22 de julio
- 16:00 - Discussion panel. International CERTs.
- Marcos Gómez. Deputy Director INCIBE-CERT Services
- Javier Candau. Head of the Department of Cybersecurity at the National Cryptological Center (Spain).
- Gabriela Ratti. Director-General for Cybersecurity and Information Protection, Ministry of Information Technology and Communications, Paraguay
- Silvia Batista. Head of the CSIRT of Panama.
- Moderator: Diego Subero (OEA).
- 16:45 - Cryptocurrencies for Cybercrime activities.
- Heriberto Cadena.
- 17:15 - Keynote. The North American vision of the challenges of cybersecurity in companies and cybercrime
- Corey Nachreiner. CTO WatchGuard.
- Friday July 2nd, just before a long U.S. Holiday weekend, at least 30 MSPs were hit with ransomware that infected their infrastructure and many of their customers (over 1500 companies so far). The attack exploited unpatched vulnerabilities in the Kaseya VSA product, and leveraged the remote monitoring and management solution to help spread the ransomware. As massive as this attack was, it was not that first time North American businesses had suffered a targeted attack through an industry “supply chain.” Both supply chain attacks and targeted ransomware have become the most concerning cyberattack trends in North America during the past year. In this keynote, Corey Nachreiner, CSO of WatchGuard and a twenty year plus information security veteran, discusses these two trends from the North American perspective, illustrating how previous attacks from 2018 and 2019 developed into today’s common attack trends. During the talk, you will learn:
- Technical detail about the largest mass ransomware attack seen so far
- Historical detail about similar attacks from 2018 and 2019 that started the trend
- How attackers exploit Living-off-the-Land and Fileless Malware techniques to evade security controls
- Most importantly, defense tips and security strategies that will both help you prevent the latest attack techniques and survive cyber incidents when they happen.
- 17:45 - Closing ceremony
- Nadia Calviño. First Vice President and Minister of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation.
- Ambassador Josué Fiallo, Vice President of the Inter-American Committee against Terrorism (CICTE). Permanent Representative of the Dominican Republic to the Organization of American States (OAS).