This first edition of the international cybersecurity start-up accelerator received the candidature of 76 business projects, of which 36 passed correctly the first phase of documentary evaluation, according to the criteria established in the bases of the competition. Of these projects, the 25 best were selected to continue to the face-to-face interview phase, where the first 15 finalist projects of this competition were subsequently designated.
Those selected had the opportunity to present their cybersecurity solutions to a jury of experts during the 11ENISE held in León on 24 and 25 October, 2017, where the 10 finalist projects that would go on to the acceleration program that participated in a 4-month program were named, in which they received intensive support in training, mentoring and links with investors with the aim of attracting investment and attracting the first clients.
We are looking for teams committed to a business project in Cybersecurity with commercialization potential, oriented to the market and international projection.
The acceleration programme will run from October 24, 2017 to February 28, 2018:
- Customized Roadmap: Personalized analysis of each project and joint definition of the company’s Road map to establish the acceleration plan and identify the key value creation milestones to be achieved.
- Mentoring: Guidance to develop the business idea together with a lead mentor and support of other specialized mentors according to the company’s requirements.
- Training: Workshops and seminars designed to develop skills and competences in areas related to your business, the entrepreneurial ecosystem and your personal skills.
- Networking with investors and entrepreneurs: Events with Investors, Business Angels, Venture Capitalist, Corporate Ventures… and facilitation of meeting to recruit new talent for the projects.
- Demo day: Event in which the entrepreneurs who have participated in the acceleration program will present their projects.
Participants will have access to prizes of up to €120,000 in cash:
- €2,000 insured for all participants by successfully completing the definition of the customized Road Map phase..
- €4,000 insured for all participants by successfully completing the acceleration program and complying with the acceleration plan.
- €28,000 for the best project presented during the Demo Day.
- €18,000 for the second best project presented during the Demo Day.
- €14,000 for the third best project presented during the Demo Day.
The call covers all types of businesses linked to Cybersecurity. However, projects that address one of the following challenges will be valued highly:
Inspired in the report "Strategic Challenges" Trends in the Cybersecurity Market and summarized in the following map:
Challenges proposed by company committed to validate the solutions of the participants who address their challenges:
We have an Advisory Board and Scientific Committee involved in the International Acceleration Program in Cybersecurity, made up of recognized personalities, either for their knowledge in Cybersecurity, their experience in Venture Capital or their institutional function.
Formed by recognized experts who will provide their support during the programme and will assist participants in the identification of new markets, internationalization, search for funding or commercial development.
Formed by recognized experts who will collaborate in the evaluation of the technical feasibility of the projects, guiding the start-ups in their technological development.
Download it here:
|Registration and reception of proposals||Web / email||11 July 2017 - 10 September 2017||Finalized|
|Selection of 10 finalist business projects + 5 reserve projects||Email / On-site||11 September 2017 - 11 October 2017||Finalized|
|Start of acceleration||On-site / Remote||24 October 2017||Finalized|
|Definition of the individualized road map||On-site / Remote||25 October - 17 November 2017||Finalized|
|Training On-site||On-site||November 2017 – January 2018||Finalized|
|Mentoring - Networking with investors||On-site / Remote||November 2017 – February 2018||Finalized|
|Demo Day||On-site||26-28 February 2018||Finalized|
If you have any questions or want more information, you can contact us through the following email address:
CYBERSECURITY VENTURES INFORMATION
Stay tuned! Soon opening of new announcement.