The S.M.E. Spanish National Cybersecurity Institute M.P., S.A. (INCIBE) is an organisation dependent on the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation, the Secretary of State for Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence, and is the benchmark institution with regard to the development of cybersecurity, and of digital trust for the general public, for RedIRIS (the Spanish academic and research network), and for businesses, especially sectors of strategic importance.
As a centre of excellence, INCIBE is a service offered by the Spanish Government to work towards the development of cybersecurity as an instrument for social transformation and for developing new fields of innovation. To this end, with its activities focused on research, the provision of services, and cooperation with the relevant actors, INCIBE heads a range of initiatives directed at cybersecurity at both a national and an international level.
INCIBE-CERT is the reference security incident response center for citizens and private law entities in Spain, operated by The Spanish National Cybersecurity Institute (INCIBE), under the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation through the Secretary of State for Digitalisation and Artificial Intelligence.
In the case of incident management affecting critical private sector operators, INCIBE-CERT is jointly operated by INCIBE and CNPIC, the National Center for Infrastructure Protection and Cybersecurity of the Ministry of the Interior.
INCIBE-CERT is one of the reference incident response teams that coordinates with the rest of the national and international teams to improve the efficiency in the fight against crimes involving networks and information systems, reducing their effects on public security.
INCIBE’s mission is to strengthen cybersecurity, trust, and the protection of privacy with respect to services offered within the information society, providing value to the public, businesses, the Spanish Government, the Spanish academic and research network, the information technology sector and strategic sectors in general.
INCIBE’s vision is to achieve its objectives through:
- The diligence of professionals, highly qualified and committed to their projects, and capable of continuously creating value and innovation.
- Creating a more dynamic ICT sector, from a perspective of equal opportunities, creating new business and opportunities for clients, suppliers and professionals.
- Support for the general public, government bodies, and RedIRIS, along with affiliated institutions, key for developing new technologies of high social value.
- Generating cybersecurity intelligence as a necessary lever for the development of the technology and knowledge to be applied in the form of new tools and strategies.
INCIBE promotes the following values:
- Transparency with respect to society in general and those working in the field of cybersecurity in particular.
- Striving for excellence, both in terms of the aptitude and attitude displayed by its professionals, and in projects carried out.
- A vocation to public service.
- The preservation of a spirit of innovation and a striving for excellence in the implementation of projects, maximising the value they provide.
- Sustainability as a core ethic and performance criterion in terms of economic, social and environmental concerns.
- A spirit of integration and cooperation with all the relevant actors in the field of cybersecurity, strengthening capabilities in relation to security on a national scale.