Actividad de INCIBE
The S.M.E. Spanish National Cybersecurity (INCIBE), M.P., S.A., is an institution dependant of the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation through the State Secretariat for Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence, is the entity of reference for the development of cybersecurity and the digital trust in the private sector.
Our initiatives are designed and developed to meet the specific needs of specific audiences, such as:
- Citizens: Through different activities, the Internet Security Office (OSI, as per the Spanish acronym) provides information and support to end users to avoid and solve security problems that may arise when surfing the Internet, especially in their first steps in new technologies. Of particular interest in this field are minors, young people, families, educators and professionals that work with minors. Internet Segura for Kids (IS4K) is the Centre for Internet Security for minors in Spain or for Kids and aims at fostering the safe and responsible use of the Internet and new technologies among children and teenagers. It is part of the pan-European INSAFE network of Internet Safety Centres and is co-funded by the European Commission.
- Companies and professionals who use ICTs: through Protect your Company companies and organisations have access to preventive and reactive support in the field of information and communication technology security in order to make the most of the possibilities of ICTs in a safe and reliable way. INCIBE pays special attention to the protection of strategic sectors, which are essential for the economy and society, as well as the institutions affiliated to RedIRIS.
- Cybersecurity industry: INCIBE develops different initiatives for the development and internationalisation of the Spanish cybersecurity industry with programmes such as INCIBE Emprende (Cybersecurity Entrepreneurship) , the Innovative Public Procurement strategy or the Hacker Academy among others.
The Institute's activities include INCIBE-CERT the security incident response centre of reference for citizens and private entities in Spain. In the case of incident management affecting critical private sector operators, INCIBE-CERT is operated jointly by INCIBE and OCC, the Ministry of the Interior's Cybersecurity Coordination Office.
The development of Artificial Intelligence, 5G and other enabling technologies are generating an exponential deepening of digitalisation and its expected socio-economic impact, as well as a widening of the risk surface for digital security. Expanding or building capacities (both technical and human) in cybersecurity is key to being able to incorporate the opportunities of digitalisation while minimising the associated risks.
In this global scenario, the Government of Spain presented in July 2020 the Spain Digital 2025 agenda: a logbook for the country's digital transformation to optimise the socio-economic benefits of digitalisation while minimising the associated risks. This digital agenda is developed through 10 strategic axes, the fourth of which is cybersecurity. INCIBE aligns its activity with this agenda and with the objectives and goals it pursues, together with the strategic body of National Security:
- 2017 National Security Strategy
- 2019 National Cybersecurity Plan
- 2019-2023 National Strategy against Organised and Serious Crime
INCIBE’s 2021-2025 Strategic Plan
To do so, the Institute has launched its new 2021-2025 Strategic Plan, which seeks to contribute to the level of digital security of citizens and private companies, as well as the Spanish cybersecurity industry, to be among the five best in the world, focusing its activities on the development of 3 strategic axes:
- Strengthening the cybersecurity of citizens, SMEs and professionals.
- Boosting the business ecosystem of the cybersecurity sector, through 3 levers:
- the development of cybersecurity industry
- boost in R&D&I
- talent identification, generation and development
- Boosting Spain as an international node in the field of cybersecurity.
Presentation of INCIBE's Strategic Plan in 15ENISE
INCIBE’s Activity Plan
The annual activity plans include the actions that INCIBE develops for each of the years of the plan: