Financing, work and call program
Project IS4K “Setup and support Safer Internet activities in Spain" is a project co-financed by the European Union (EU) through the financing program CEF-Telecom, Safer Internet (2015-CEF-TC-2015-1) call.
The estimated timeframe of the Project is from July 2016 to March 2019.
Motivation and justification
The specific objective in 2015 is to set up and to continue supporting generic services provided by Safer Internet Centres (SICs) in all EU Member States, building on their interoperability with the EU core platform and its services. The SICs will maintain and expand national platforms to run a range of safer internet services providing:
- An awareness centre for empowering children, parents and teachers to make the best use of the Internet, building on enhanced digital resource centres (repositories), from which specific awareness toolkits and services will be adapted and deployed, in cooperation with third parties (schools, industry).
- Online helpline services for reporting and dealing with harmful contact (e.g. grooming, online abuse), conduct (e.g. cyberbullying, hate speech, sexting) and content online.
- A hotline for receiving and managing reports and data on online illegal child sexual abuse material.
The main benefits of this project are:
- The awareness of society with campaigns on the safe use of the Internet by children.
- The free and confidential Helpline service where anyone can contact if you are concerned about something related to the Internet.
- The reporting line where citizens can report the content of child sexual abuse that you find on the network.
The main objective of the Project is the promotion of the safe and responsible use of Internet and new technologies among children and adolescents, through the establishment of the Spanish Sefer Internet Centre, which will carry out the following tasks:
- Awareness and train minors, young people, families, educators and professionals in the area of the child, through the development of campaigns, initiatives and nationwide programs.
- Offer a helpline service to advise and assist minors, families, educators and professionals in the area of the child on how to deal with Internet risks: harmful content, harmful contacts and inappropriate behaviour.
- Organise the Safer Internet Day in Spain.
- Reduce the availability of criminal content on the Internet, mainly child sexual abuse, by supporting the FCSE.
IS4K is led and coordinated by the SEAD (Secretariat of State for Digital Advancement), with the support of Red.es, and executes its services through the INCIBE (National Institute of Cybersecurity), in collaboration with other entities of reference. In line with the European strategy BIK (Better Internet for Kids), it is part of the pan-European INSAFE network of Safer Internet Centres and is co-financed by the European Commission. The consortium is composed by:
Red.es is a public corporate entity belonging to the Ministry of Energy, Tourism and the Digital Agenda (MINETAD), and which depends on the Secretary of State for Information Society and Digital Agenda (SESIAD). It plays an essential role in executing and deploying the plans of the Digital Agenda for Spain and we have a clear goal: to work for digital convergence with Europe to improve public services and develop the digital economy.
It is an organization dependent on the Spanish Ministry of Economy and Business through the Secretary of State for Digital Progress and consolidated as a reference entity for the development of cybersecurity and digital trust for the citizens, academic and research network, professionals, companies and especially for strategic sectors.
With an activity based on research, the provision of services and coordination with the agents with competences in the field, INCIBE contributes to build cybersecurity at a national and international level.
The main beneficiaries of this project are the children and their parents and educators, who will benefit directly from all the actions carried out by the project.