The Spanish National Cybersecurity Institute (INCIBE), in collaboration with the Organization of American States (OAS) annually organise the international event Cybersecurity Summer BootCamp, a specialist cybersecurity training programme aimed at:
- CERTs: Technical staff working at Incident Response Centres (CERTs or CSIRTs).
- Law Enforcement Agencies: Members of Law Enforcement Agencies working in operational units related to cybersecurity.
- Policy Makers: Policy Makers, those active in the judiciary or the criminal bar, Government legal service, civil servant working in the Administration of Justice and staff of regulatory or legislative bodies working in areas related to the legal and regulatory aspects of cybersecurity.
This advanced training programme in cybersecurity has no cost for attendees, who will receive training with exclusive content, on current issues and with a major practical component.
Cybersecurity Summer BootCamp shall take place from 20 to 31 July 2020 in Leon, Spain.
Its main features are:
The training consists of the following activities:
- Technical workshops: For small groups of a maximum of 30 students, in the language selected by the attendee (Spanish or English). They consist of practical classes in the morning lasting about 5 hours (about 40 training hours in total) where students will have a computer to do the practical work and will receive cutting-edge training in the latest trends against cybercrime, taught by specialists in that field.
- Masterclasses: For all student groups simultaneously, they are one-hour sessions (about 20 training hours in total) taught in the afternoon in the speaker's own language (English/Spanish) where a simultaneous translation service (English/Spanish) is offered.
- Role-play: In small groups of a maximum of 25 students, made up of people from the three groups, CERTs, LAEs and Policy Makers, a simulation of a practical cybersecurity scenario is made in which the participants would present their views and the actions they would take.
- Other activities: As a complement to the activities described above, a series of additional activities will be carried out to promote Networking among attendees and see the city of Leon (brief talks, leisure activities, etc.).
The principal objectives of the event are the training in the latest techniques for the fight against cybercrimes, the management of cybersecurity incidents and the legislative aspects to be taken into account in all of them, as well as improving coordination in the management of incidents and cybercrimes.
Registration at the event
Despite the fact that the training at the Cybersecurity Summer BootCamp is free, in order to participate in the event, it is necessary to register in advance.
The registration process and the dates for doing so depend on each target audience and can be consulted in our registration section.
Cybersecurity Summer BootCamp: an established event with a significant profile
This year will be held the fifth edition of this event, which is already established as a unique and leading international event that is committed to offering cutting-edge training in cybersecurity and whose aim is to continue growing.
During this time, more than 1,100 people from more than 55 different countries have been trained.
Throughout these editions, both the training offered and complementary activities have been expanded.
High level of satisfaction among Cybersecurity Summer BootCamp attendees
Cybersecurity Summer BootCamp participants have expressed great satisfaction with the programme, which met their expectations, and they highlighted the great practical application of the knowledge acquired in doing their jobs.
This entails, on the part of the organisation, a solid commitment to the attendees, orienting the achievements to improve every year in order to offer the best training and experience.