INTERNATIONAL CYBERSECURITY ACCELERATION PROGRAMME
10 start-ups will be selected to join a 4-month programme in which participants will receive intensive support in training, mentoring and networking with investors to attract investment and get their first customers.
Access to up to €120,000 in prizes.
Call open from July 11 to September 10!
We are looking for market-driven start-ups in the Cybersecurity business with committed teams and high global potential.
The acceleration programme will run from October 24, 2017 to February 28, 2018:
- Customized Roadmap: Personalized analysis of each project and joint definition of the company’s Road map to establish the acceleration plan and identify the key value creation milestones to be achieved.
- Mentoring: Guidance to develop the business idea together with a lead mentor and support of other specialized mentors according to the company’s requirements.
- Training: Workshops and seminars designed to develop skills and competences in areas related to your business, the entrepreneurial ecosystem and your personal skills.
- Networking with investors and entrepreneurs: Events with Investors, Business Angels, Venture Capitalist, Corporate Ventures… and facilitation of meeting to recruit new talent for the projects.
- Demo day: Event in which the entrepreneurs who have participated in the acceleration program will present their projects.
Participants will have access to prizes of up to €120,000 in cash:
- €2,000 insured for all participants by successfully completing the definition of the customized Road Map phase..
- €4,000 insured for all participants by successfully completing the acceleration program and complying with the acceleration plan.
- €28,000 for the best project presented during the Demo Day.
- €18,000 for the second best project presented during the Demo Day.
- €14,000 for the third best project presented during the Demo Day.
The call covers all types of businesses linked to Cybersecurity. However, projects that address one of the following challenges will be valued highly:
Inspired in the report "Strategic Challenges" Trends in the Cybersecurity Market and summarized in the following map:
Challenges proposed by corporates committed to validate the solutions of the participants who address their challenges:
We have an Advisory Board and Scientific Committee involved in the International Acceleration Program in Cybersecurity, made up of recognized personalities, either for their knowledge in Cybersecurity, their experience in Venture Capital or their institutional function.
Formed by recognized experts who will provide their support during the programme and will assist participants in the identification of new markets, internationalization, search for funding or commercial development.
Formed by recognized experts who will collaborate in the evaluation of the technical feasibility of the projects, guiding the start-ups in their technological development.
Download it here:
Who can apply?
We are looking for companies of recent constitution (no more than 5 years). It is also opened to individual promoters with a commitment to constitute a company before the start of the programme.
How to submit the proposal
Each company (or individual entrepreneur) can only submit one proposal. If more than one proposal is submitted only the last one arriving through any of the available channels (web portal or email) will be taken into account.
The proposal must be submitted in Spanish or English, preferably through the F6S platform.
Proposals can also be submitted through the email address , including all the documentation in attachments.
The proposal has three compulsory parts:
- Part A: Administrative Information. Download template
- Part B: Project description. Download template
- Part C: Interest in the acceleration programme. Download template
Part A contains the administrative information about the company, the proposal representative and the entrepreneurial team (if more than one person). Part A also has to include the following documentation (files in pdf format).
- Sworn declaration that identifies the person that will act in representation of the proposal. It must be signed by all the members of the team. This person will act in representation of the proposal in all communications, reception of prices, etc.
- Certified photocopy of the company identification number (CIF), if the company is already legally established.
- If the Company is not yet established legally, certified photocopy of the ID card or passport of the entrepreneur acting as representative of the project. In case the person does not have Spanish citizenship, justification of residence in Spain (e.g., volante de empadronamiento).
Part B contains the description of the project, identifying the addressed market, the value proposition, competitive environment… following the template provided.
Part C describes the company’s (or project’s) interest in taking part in the acceleration programme, including the motivations of the team members and the alignment with the identified challenges. Part C must also follow the provided template.
|Registration and reception of proposals||Web / email||11 July 2017 - 10 September 2017|
|Selection of 10 finalist business projects + 5 reserve projects||Email / On-site||11 September 2017 - 11 October 2017|
|Start of acceleration||On-site / Remote||24 October 2017|
|Definition of the individualized road map||On-site / Remote||25 October - 17 November 2017|
|Training On-site||On-site||November 2017 – January 2018|
|Mentoring - Networking with investors||On-site / Remote||November 2017 – February 2018|
|Demo Day||On-site||26-28 February 2018|
|End of acceleration program||On-site||28 February 2018|
About Cybersecurity Ventures
Cybersecurity Ventures is the International Cybersecurity Acceleration Program organized by INCIBE and Junta de Castilla y León, through the Institute for Business Competitiveness of Castilla y León and the Institute for Development, Training and Employment of León (ILDEFE) with the following objectives:
- Encourage the development of new technology-based companies in the area of Cybersecurity.
- Support entrepreneurial talent in the maturation of its business projects through training, mentoring and networking with investors and entrepreneurial talent.
- Contribute to the deployment of the Cybersecurity strategy in Spain by linking it with the Cybersecurity challenges identified in the Program.
- Complement the offer of activities promoted by INCIBE as a national reference center in Cybersecurity.
If you have any doubts or want to extend the information provided, contact us through the following email address