In collaboration with:
Cybersecurity Ventures is the International Cybersecurity Acceleration Program organized by INCIBE; Junta de Castilla y León, through the Agency for Innovation, Financing and Internationalization Business of Castilla and León (ADE); and the Institute for Development, Training and Employment of León (ILDEFE).
Activities of the acceleration program
The activities of the Acceleration Program are structured as follows:
- Individualized roadmap: It consists of an individualized analysis of each project and the joint definition of an individualized roadmap that will establish the acceleration plan and identify the value creation milestones.
- Training: It consists of a series of focused seminars or training sessions focused on developing competencies in the following areas:
- Your business: training oriented to develop skills to conceive and shape a technology-based business.
- The entrepreneurial ecosystem: training sessions focused on developing the company's relationship with other ecosystem actors, such as investors, clients, channels and others.
- Your personal competences: training oriented to develop personal skills as an entrepreneur such as management, human relations, public presentations and others.
This training will be complemented with other kinds of sessions, such as presentation of cases by other entrepreneurs and inspiring conferences taught by leaders with international relevance on the investment ecosystem.
- Mentoring: It consists of an orientation for the development of the business idea. Each project will have a reference mentor who will coordinate the support of other specific mentors in the different needed fields.
- Networking with inverstors and entrepreneurs: It consists of several work sessions with investors, business angels, venture capital, corporate Ventures, etc. There will also be facilitated talent recruitment channels to favor the development of their projects.
- Demo day: It is a day in which the promoters of the accelerated projects will present their business projects. This presentation is expected to take place in conjunction with the International Encounter on Information Security 11 ENISE.
Participants will have access to prizes of up to 120,000 in cash distributed as follows and €10.000 web services voucher offered by Amazon:
- €2,000 insured for all participants by successfully completing the definition of the individualized road map phase.
- €4,000 insured for all participants by successfully completing the acceleration program and complying with the acceleration plan.
- €28,000 for the best project.
- €18,000 for the second best project.
- €14,000 for the third best project.
Who can apply?
We are looking for companies with a recent constitution (no more than 5 years) or with a constitution date prior to the start of the acceleration program. Individual promoters may also be presented with a commitment to constitute a company before the start of the program.
How to submit the proposal
NB: The system to submit the proposals will be open very soon. However, you can start preparing the material using the information and templates provided below.
Each participating company (or individual entrepreneur) can only submit one proposal. If more than one proposal is submitted only the last one arriving through any of the available channels (web portal or email) will be taken into account.
The proposal may be submitted in Spanish or in English, using the templates that are made available below.
Once the call is launched, the proposal must be submitted preferably through the INCIBE web portal, using F6S platform following this link (currently the declaration of interest form is shown): https://www.f6s.com/cybersecurityventuresapplication2017/apply
It can also be submitted through the email address , including all the documentation in attachments.
The proposal has three compulsory parts:
- Part A: Administrative Information Click here to download the template
- Part B: Project description Click here to download the template
- Part C: Interest in the acceleration programme Click here to download the template
Part A contains the administrative information about the company, the proposal representative and the entrepreneurial team (if more than one person). Part A also has to include the following documentation (files in pdf format).
- Sworn declaration that identifies the person that will act in representation of the proposal. It must be signed by all the members of the team. This person will act in representation of the proposal in all communications, reception of prices, etc.
- Certified photocopy of the company identification number (CIF), if the company is already legally established.
- If the Company is not yet established legally, certified photocopy of the ID card or passport of the entrepreneur acting as representative of the project. In case the person does not have Spanish citizenship, justification of residence in Spain (e.g., volante de empadronamiento).
Part B contains the description of the entrepreneurial project, identifying the market it addresses, the value proposition, the competitors, etc, following the template provided.
Part C describes the company’s (or project’s) interest in taking part in the acceleration programme, including the motivations of the team members and the alignment with the identified challenges. Part C must also follow the provided template.
The call covers all types of businesses linked to cybersecurity. However, projects that address one of the following challenges classified in two different types will be valued more highly:
- Strategic challenges: The strategic challenges in cybersecurity can be consulted in the document "Strategic Challenges" which are inspired by the trends identified in the document “Trends in the Cybersecurity Market” and summarized in the following map:
- Specific challenges: Challenges proposed by the companies committed to validate the accelerated projects.
|Registration and reception of proposals||Web / email||Apr 2017|
|Selection of 10 finalist business projects + 5 reserve projects||May 2107|
|Start of acceleration||On-site / Remote||May 2017|
|Definition of the individualized road map||On-site||May 2017|
|Training On-site||On-site||Jun - Sept 2017|
|Mentoring - Networking with investors||On-site / Remote||Jun - Sept 2017|
|Demo Day||ENISE 11||Oct 2017|
|End of acceleration program||On-site||Oct 2017|
If you have any doubts or want to extend the information, you can contact us through the following email address
Objectives of the acceleration program
- Encourage the development of new technology-based companies in the area of cybersecurity.
- Support entrepreneurial talent in the maturation of its business projects through training, mentoring and networking with investors and entrepreneurial talent.
- Contribute to the deployment of the cybersecurity strategy in Spain by linking it with the cybersecurity challenges identified in the Program.
- Complement the offer of activities promoted by INCIBE as a national reference center in cybersecurity.